2013-2-2
发表于 2015-11-19 21:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
著作权归作者所有。
商业转载请联系作者获得授权,非商业转载请注明出处。
作者:沉没是鲸
链接:http://www.zhihu.com/question/26876832/answer/40621539
来源:知乎

Reading aLight Meter: Tips and Tricks

Many of you have asked me, why in this new digital age is a light meternecessary? When everything is immediate, as well as right there on an HDmonitor for your review, WHY the light meter? I have mentioned in the pastthat Roger Deakins feels like he can be much moreof a risk taker with digital. What you see is what you get. RIGHT! He has apoint. When you are infusing LUTs (look up tables) on your monitor and lightingto those specs, why would you need that old light meter that reads the valuesof illumination?

“Building Light Memory”

The lightmeter is essential for matching and to get your head around light ratios as ayoung cinematographer. If you look on the monitor and you like the way itlooks, the mood and the color tone, then get in there and read those levels andread the color temperature. These are all building blocks of your memory oflight.

“Mental Snapshots”

From the timethat I wake up till the time I rest my head on my pillow, I never stop lookingat light. Inspiration is everywhere. I take snapshots, little instagram shotsand store them in my mind. Now you have images to pull from when you arelighting a scene. Say you went to a really trendy bar and you loved the lightand mood. Store that mental snapshot. When you are set to light a club/barscene, use that mental snapshot if it fits the story and emotion of yourcreation. Download it into your lighting, levels, color and mood.

“Matching”

Training youreye to all the ratios that you like and want to deploy comes with experience.But matching is a huge issue, especially when shooting a feature or a shortfilm. Why? Well, so many times you are asked to go back and do pickups. Maybeyou missed a shot, or you screened the movie to an audience and they wereconfused on some things. You need to go back to the location or the set andduplicate the light. If you did not take light meter readings or mark down thecolor temp of your camera, you are flying blind. I go in there once I have litthe original scene and grab as many readings as possible to help in thisprocess. Now you have your edit, so you can go back and look at the levels andtry to match what you originally shot off a monitor. Why not have this as atool to help in this process?

“Light Meter Calibration”

Beforesetting off on a project, I always make sure that my light meter is accurate.The best way to simply do this is to send it to Quality Light and Metric in LosAngeles. HA HA!!! Or if this option is not available, then the tried and truespot meter test will suffice. The Sekonic L-758C is the ultimate meterbecause it is two meters in one. You are able to read the incident light levelswith the ball and the spot meter function gives you the ability to read pointsof light, the wall and buildings in the deep background to make sure there isenough fill level, grey cards, etc.

Let’s trythis. Take one light and aim it at an 18% grey card. Once you have done this,you can now read the grey card with the spot meter. Turn your incident spotselector dial to spot meter mode and fire it at the center of the grey card.

Once that level is acquired (we got a 5.6), you now turn the incident spotselector dial to incident meter mode and now read the key light that is aimingat the grey card.

Our reading came up 4.0 9 10ths, which is basically a 5.6. So we now know thatour meter is calibrated perfectly.

“The Process of Reading Light”

There aremany tried and true ways to read a light meter. Let’s first set up your meterso that it matches the ISO to your camera’s ISO, the frame rate you areshooting and your shutter speed.

Ok, we have our meter set to the correct ISO, shutter speed and frame rate. Nowwe are going to discuss how to read light. I have tried to include everythingyou will need to know on how you aim your meter and how you position your hand.

“Day Exterior Work”

Reading SkyLight
To read ambient sky light, I hold my meter straight up at the sky.

Then I cup my hand around the ball.

This is how I keep my balance when the sun is dropping and I need to manicurethe top light fill levels. This is so essential when you have lost the sun. Sayyou run out of time and you now have to cheat a close-up or an insert. Thiswill give you that level to be able to create it with artificial light.

The other reading you have to grab before the sun escapes and pounds itselfinto the horizon is your ambient fill light level that is opposite the sun. Youneed to capture this level to again match all the sunlight that is bouncing offwalls, trees, etc. while the sun is setting and to also use if you have run outof light.

To do this reading you turn your meter opposite to the sun. Then shade the sunoff the top of the ball and cup your hand around it slightly. The final readingto achieve is what the sunlight is reading. Turn your meter towards the sun andhit the button to get this reading.

I cup the ball slightly to take out any unnecessary bounce light and sky toplight.

I find it absolutely essential to calculate in my head what the stop differenceis between the sunlight and the ambient fill light. This ratio between the twoexposures will be how you balance the light as the sun sets as well as usingthis ratio to light any close-ups or inserts that you might not have had thetime to grab while the sun was up. Trust me. This will happen to you because ithas happened to me about a thousand times. You cannot stop the sun fromsetting. I have tried all my life to achieve this, but have failed.

“Interior Stage Work”

Reading a KeyLight

We have designed a lighting set up to help you see the subtle nuances that thelight reflects into the incident ball. Our fill light is slightly cooler and acircle bounce which will be easier to see. The key light is a rectangle sourceand slightly warmer in tone.

Our backlight is one of my baton lights and this will reflect 12 bulbs in theball.

When reading a key light, you aim the light meter directly at the source. Putyour meter right next to your actor or stand in’s face and cup your handsaround the ball so that it is not getting influenced by your fill light orbacklight. I look into the ball to see if I am seeing the fill light reflectedin it. If I do, I cup my hand in a way that blocks this so that my reading ofthe key light is accurate.

Cupping yourhand around the light ball is an art in itself. If you cup your hand too much,it restricts the light meter reading.

Sometimes I just put my hand up to block the other light that I do not want toinfluence the meter, so that I can take in as much of the key, back or filllight as possible for an accurate reading.

This is one way to cup your meter.This is cupping your ball to read only thekey light and taking the fill light and the backlight off the ball.

This is another way to cup the ball, surrounding it a little more.

“Reading a Fill Light”

Reading afill light is just like the key light. Look at the reflection in your meter andmake sure the only light that you see reflected is the fill source. I have madeit a little easier by making the key light warmer than the fill light. That waywe can show the coolness is all that is hitting the incident meter’s ball, aswell as the shape being round, not a rectangle.

Now you have the basics of reading light and my technique. Reading light is soessential to your creation as a cinematographer. Now get out there, read light,and take those mental snapshots. Stay tuned for a post on how to read a colortemperature meter.

The SekonicL-758Cine DigitalMaster Light Meter is my choice, but there areother Sekonic light meters at different price points to get you started. Linksto B&H are provided below.

Sekonic L-398A Studio Deluxe III Meter

Sekonic Illuminometer i-346 Light Meter

Sekonic L-308DC DigiCineMate

Sekonic Litemaster Pro L-478D and L-478DR Light Meter

Sekonic L-758Cine DigitalMaster Light Meter

Thanks to FilmtoolsRentals for supplying the Sekonic L758Cine Meter.
Shot at Revolution Cinema Rentals in SanFernando, CA.
Thanks to Paskal Lighting for donating all oflighting and grip equipment.

主题

帖子

精华

认证会员

注册时间
2014-5-13
发表于 2015-11-20 15:41 | 显示全部楼层
秀英文吗

主题

帖子

精华

认证会员

注册时间
2015-6-9
发表于 2015-12-25 15:51 | 显示全部楼层
我尽可能的用人话翻译了一下 希望可以帮到大家。

很多人问我,为什么在这个数字时代,还是要用测光表,当你可以用高清监视器回看的时候,为什么还要用测光表?我曾经提到过 Roger deakins 认为数字拍摄是有一定风险的。所见既所得。没错,他说对了,当你在你的监视器上载入lut并且照亮那些区域,你为什么还要用那些读取照度的古老的测光表呢?

“建立灯光存储”
作为一个年轻的摄影师,测光表对于匹配以及获得光比是一件非常重要的事情。当你看着监视器然,喜欢你所看到的情绪,色调,然后读取照度水平以及色温。这些都是在建立你对于光线的存储。

“内心快照”
从我早上起来到我晚上睡觉,我从来没有停止观察灯光。任何地方都可以得到灵感,我照一些快照,发一些instagram 一种图片社交软件 并且把他们存储在我的脑海中。当你想对一场戏打光的时候,你就有了一些参考。比如说你去了一个就把然后你喜欢里面的光线的情绪,快照一下把他们存储起来。当你需要对一个酒吧打光的时候,如果你的快照符合你的故事和情绪,你就可以参考他们来打你所需要的情绪,颜色,值等。

“匹配”

对于你喜欢的光以及想要以后实施的光,训练你的眼镜。但是匹配是一件比较重要的事儿,尤其是你拍一个故事片或者微电影,为什么呢,很多次当你回放并整理素材的时候,你可能会错过一些镜头,或者当你把拍摄素材试播给一些人,他们会被一些情节搞晕。你去要回到那个拍摄地或者拍摄现场,再现那些灯光。如果你没有测光表的读数或者你没有记录摄影机的色温值,你只能像没头的苍蝇一样。如果我要回到原始场景我会尽可能的再现同样度数的灯光来帮我解决问题。现在你可以剪辑,所以你可以回放并且看一些照度,然后尽可能的匹配你之前的所拍的。为什么不用这个工具来帮助你呢?

测光表校准
在拍摄一个项目之前,我总是确认我的测光表是准确的。最好的方法就是把它邮寄洛杉矶。哈哈!! 或者如果没条件的话,尝试用点测光来测试。758c是一个很牛逼的测光表因为他是二合一的测光表。你可以通过那个白球读取入射值,还可以通过点测表读取反射值。在远处北京的墙或者建筑就可以用它来确定他们的光线是否合适,以及来测灰卡等。

让我试一下这个,在18%灰卡上(不知道18%灰的同学请认真拜读亚当斯的光区系统那本书)当你做了这个你可以用点测表读取灰卡,拧侧面的那个圆盘(右边的)到点测模式然后对准灰卡中心测量。

一旦获得数值,这里是5.6,现在你打开入射表然后读取入射值,我们的到4.0 点9.基本就是5.6. 所以可以判断测光表是准确的。

“读值的过程”
有很多方法来读值。我们首先设置测光表与你摄影机的iso相匹配。以及你的frame rate (就是一秒有多少帧 电影是24) 以及快门速度。
OK, 我们设置了正确的各种参数。现在我们将要讨论一下如何读数。我已经尽可能的包含了 你需要知道的如何使用你的表以及你的手该怎么放 的信息。(Shane的每一个教程都有一个视频,他的视频下面会把他说的所有的话整理成文字,以及相应的截图,这里他的演示应该只在视频里面有,语言上他并没有说。大家可以购买他的教程)

“室外工作”
读取天光
读取环境天光,我拿着我的表水平对着天       
然后把我的手罩在求上面
这就当太阳下楼的时候,我如何保持光线的平衡。这个非常重要当太阳逐渐变化的时候。比如你时间来不及了,你现在要拍一个insert(这个是一种镜头但是我不知道中文应该怎么说 比方说你拍两个人握手的全景然后给握手一个特写 那个特写就是insert)所以你要cheat一下(cheat就是欺骗的意思我不知道怎么用通顺的中文解释)这种读数方式会给你一个可以创造的人工光的值

在日落之前,还有一个读数就是你的补光,与太阳相反方向的那边。你也需要读取这个读数来匹配墙面,树等等反射日光所产生的照度。

当你读数的时候你要把测光表背对着太阳,然后稍微用手盖住顶部。最后就是读太阳的照度,直接向着太阳测。

我轻微的遮挡白球从而挡住任何我不想要的反射光以及天光。
我发现这对于我对于光值的算是绝对是非常的重要的,太阳光的光圈,环境补光的光圈。(后面这句话好长没办法用通顺的中文来翻译,大概的意思就是你有了这个光比,即使是你没时间拍了,你要欺骗一下,cheat一下,你可以复制类似的光)相信我。你肯定会遇到这种情况因为我已经碰到无数次了。你没有办法阻止太阳落山。

室内

读取主光
我设计了一个灯光来帮你们观察光反射到那个球上的细微差别。我们的补光有点冷,并且是一个圆形的反光板这样你们可以更容易的观察。主光是一个长方形的光源并且比较暖。
我们的逆光是一个baton light (就是图里面一排12个灯泡的那个)       
当读取烛光的时候,你要把测光表直接冲着光源,测光表就放在演员的脸旁边然后用手盖住球的上方,这样你就不会被其他光所影响。我会观察那个球,如果我挡的没有问题,我是不会在球上看到补光的(这就是之前他为什么用一个圆形的反光板和一个长方形的反光板分别做补光和主光,很容易区分)如果在球上可以看到补光的光源,侧用手直到把它挡住为止。
用手挡住不需要的光也是一门手艺。如果你挡的太多,会影响你的读数。
有的时候我就是把我的用手挡住其他的光源以至于其他光不会影响我的测光表,所以我可以读取到尽可能准确的主光,补光以及逆光的数值。
这也是一种遮挡方法,可以遮挡掉测光和逆光只读取主光
这是另外一种方法,包裹的稍微多一些

“读取补光”

读取补光跟读取主光差不多,看你球上的反光,确保你只能看到补光的光源。我把在球上找光源变的简单了一些因为我用了不同的色温,以及不同的形状。

现在你已经直到了基本的读照度的方法。作为一个摄影师,读取照度对于你的创作是非常重要的,现在你们可以滚蛋了。去读光把,别忘了照一些快照。我以后还会讲到如何读取色度表。

下面是各种测光表的介绍了

主题

帖子

精华

认证会员

注册时间
2013-2-2
 楼主| 发表于 2016-1-12 21:07 | 显示全部楼层
非常感谢!!!!!

主题

帖子

精华

认证会员

注册时间
2013-2-2
 楼主| 发表于 2016-1-12 21:34 | 显示全部楼层
1d4c651cdce0a35e4e9caf324577083b_b.jpg 很多人问我,为什么在这个数字时代,还是要用测光表,当你可以用高清监视器回看的时候,为什么还要用测光表?我曾经提到过 Roger deakins 认为数字拍摄是有一定风险的。所见既所得。没错,他说对了,当你在你的监视器上载入lut并且照亮那些区域,你为什么还要用那些读取照度的古老的测光表呢?

“建立灯光存储”
作为一个年轻的摄影师,测光表对于匹配以及获得光比是一件非常重要的事情。当你看着监视器然,喜欢你所看到的情绪,色调,然后读取照度水平以及色温。这些都是在建立你对于光线的存储。

“内心快照”
从我早上起来到我晚上睡觉,我从来没有停止观察灯光。任何地方都可以得到灵感,我照一些快照,发一些instagram 一种图片社交软件 并且把他们存储在我的脑海中。当你想对一场戏打光的时候,你就有了一些参考。比如说你去了一个就把然后你喜欢里面的光线的情绪,快照一下把他们存储起来。当你需要对一个酒吧打光的时候,如果你的快照符合你的故事和情绪,你就可以参考他们来打你所需要的情绪,颜色,值等。
7b2f351cd437acca13c05bb6925f88bc_b.jpg
“匹配”

对于你喜欢的光以及想要以后实施的光,训练你的眼镜。但是匹配是一件比较重要的事儿,尤其是你拍一个故事片或者微电影,为什么呢,很多次当你回放并整理素材的时候,你可能会错过一些镜头,或者当你把拍摄素材试播给一些人,他们会被一些情节搞晕。你去要回到那个拍摄地或者拍摄现场,再现那些灯光。如果你没有测光表的读数或者你没有记录摄影机的色温值,你只能像没头的苍蝇一样。如果我要回到原始场景我会尽可能的再现同样度数的灯光来帮我解决问题。现在你可以剪辑,所以你可以回放并且看一些照度,然后尽可能的匹配你之前的所拍的。为什么不用这个工具来帮助你呢?

测光表校准
在拍摄一个项目之前,我总是确认我的测光表是准确的。最好的方法就是把它邮寄洛杉矶。哈哈!! 或者如果没条件的话,尝试用点测光来测试。758c是一个很牛逼的测光表因为他是二合一的测光表。你可以通过那个白球读取入射值,还可以通过点测表读取反射值。在远处北京的墙或者建筑就可以用它来确定他们的光线是否合适,以及来测灰卡等。

让我试一下这个,在18%灰卡上(不知道18%灰的同学请认真拜读亚当斯的光区系统那本书)当你做了这个你可以用点测表读取灰卡,拧侧面的那个圆盘(右边的)到点测模式然后对准灰卡中心测量。
53739c92a97dfc887ecf96e2ddc03e48_b.jpg 80dfab61cb2b48137a9b83da98140e50_b.jpg
一旦获得数值,这里是5.6,现在你打开入射表然后读取入射值,我们的到4.0 点9.基本就是5.6. 所以可以判断测光表是准确的。(这少一段)
619ef96aa747ff82e3101a86c562b4aa_b.jpg
“读值的过程”
有很多方法来读值。我们首先设置测光表与你摄影机的iso相匹配。以及你的frame rate (就是一秒有多少帧 电影是24) 以及快门速度。
e51e1cd1a607772b89bcf06243d949f5_b.jpg c02660d6f1bfb563fb83877b1fd0b2e5_b.jpg 95276bb1da91462f981afe99bb0f6666_b.jpg OK, 我们设置了正确的各种参数。现在我们将要讨论一下如何读数。我已经尽可能的包含了 你需要知道的如何使用你的表以及你的手该怎么放 的信息。(Shane的每一个教程都有一个视频,他的视频下面会把他说的所有的话整理成文字,以及相应的截图,这里他的演示应该只在视频里面有,语言上他并没有说。大家可以购买他的教程)

“室外工作”
读取天光
读取环境天光,我拿着我的表水平对着天        
c7e20deef80948d23dbbf6f026347946_b.jpg 11216b29d214d13c1a9554105aa1426d_b.jpg 然后把我的手罩在求上面 72f24a521a430f9aed2b8a0e023da68e_b.jpg
这就当太阳下楼的时候,我如何保持光线的平衡。这个非常重要当太阳逐渐变化的时候。比如你时间来不及了,你现在要拍一个insert(这个是一种镜头但是我不知道中文应该怎么说 比方说你拍两个人握手的全景然后给握手一个特写 那个特写就是insert)所以你要cheat一下(cheat就是欺骗的意思我不知道怎么用通顺的中文解释)这种读数方式会给你一个可以创造的人工光的值
401e10e35381d0a9ccea904908f0fc06_b.jpg
在日落之前,还有一个读数就是你的补光,与太阳相反方向的那边。你也需要读取这个读数来匹配墙面,树等等反射日光所产生的照度。
334ccf50b122d2797346edf4cbd80f63_b.jpg
当你读数的时候你要把测光表背对着太阳,然后稍微用手盖住顶部。最后就是读太阳的照度,直接向着太阳测。
2eee42f0795b253b703da10552712219_b.jpg
我轻微的遮挡白球从而挡住任何我不想要的反射光以及天光。
3d501373b22c8e7637583ec8d33392c5_b.jpg
我发现这对于我对于光值的算是绝对是非常的重要的,太阳光的光圈,环境补光的光圈。(后面这句话好长没办法用通顺的中文来翻译,大概的意思就是你有了这个光比,即使是你没时间拍了,你要欺骗一下,cheat一下,你可以复制类似的光)相信我。你肯定会遇到这种情况因为我已经碰到无数次了。你没有办法阻止太阳落山。

室内

读取主光
d3bd19d4e441ab2cce792194fe7d8da3_b.jpg
我设计了一个灯光来帮你们观察光反射到那个球上的细微差别。我们的补光有点冷,并且是一个圆形的反光板这样你们可以更容易的观察。主光是一个长方形的光源并且比较暖。
33f2b9034399e7ccb84024680e613a08_b.jpg

我们的逆光是一个baton light (就是图里面一排12个灯泡的那个)        
17ae8dc7d434b76a747e12b3c2bf3252_b.jpg

当读取主光源的时候,你要把测光表直接冲着光源,测光表就放在演员的脸旁边然后用手盖住球的上方,这样你就不会被其他光所影响。我会观察那个球,如果我挡的没有问题,我是不会在球上看到补光的(这就是之前他为什么用一个圆形的反光板和一个长方形的反光板分别做补光和主光,很容易区分)如果在球上可以看到补光的光源,侧用手直到把它挡住为止。
用手挡住不需要的光也是一门手艺。如果你挡的太多,会影响你的读数。
f15930bca485bddcd54723a583b6c33d_b.jpg

有的时候我就是把我的用手挡住其他的光源以至于其他光不会影响我的测光表,所以我可以读取到尽可能准确的主光,补光以及逆光的数值。
9ea1c8ca166ffaa6fea1cf5ca0483429_b.jpg

这也是一种遮挡方法,可以遮挡掉测光和逆光只读取主光
0632d404069f656e567801c642c7fffc_b.jpg
这是另外一种方法,包裹的稍微多一些

“读取补光”
b3654cee6ab7359e2eb11a26567ed2f6_b.jpg
读取补光跟读取主光差不多,看你球上的反光,确保你只能看到补光的光源。我把在球上找光源变的简单了一些因为我用了不同的色温,以及不同的形状。
ca680605e21bc0da6ce7300c321e2ae5_b.jpg 6430b5176671226805dc02d748d84cd7_b.jpg
现在你已经直到了基本的读照度的方法。作为一个摄影师,读取照度对于你的创作是非常重要的,现在你们可以滚蛋了。去读光把,别忘了照一些快照。我以后还会讲到如何读取色度表。

下面是各种测光表的介绍了

7b094883feff37975da9815c8a9f1f5e_b.jpg 5c345280418be20858c008fe262c595e_b.jpg ab03bc150738eda72bd560928622df44_b.jpg f382f86392b24e157c1af180721c476d_b.jpg

5c7f3f2b617e9f3ebda035f6e8e5ecb1_b.jpg
ed0d5eb49c0c9f835510dd78cf3b3b2b_b.jpg

主题

帖子

精华

认证会员

注册时间
2013-2-2
 楼主| 发表于 2016-1-12 21:42 | 显示全部楼层
很有收获
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则