主题

帖子

精华

会员

注册时间
2011-7-29
发表于 2011-9-1 17:31 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

(图为:RED Raw 5K屏幕截图)

他在印第安纳州(实际上是写这些是在密歇根州)。正好有空闲时间,可以处理积压的事情包括使用他的佳能XF100拍摄。结果这个拖延导致它将积压更久,因为正巧Eric要将RED EPIC给他的Kessler工作室的使用。所以他也抓紧这个机会,把它从Eric那抢来。他那里有他所有的F3的镜头,所以有足够的镜头可供挑选。

下午,他做一个“适当”的小配件,但在这样做之前,他仔细绕着摄像机观察了一遍,它是如何工作,它拍摄时的工作流程。

他一点也不了解这个摄像机,在简短的拍摄后,他想跳出什么摄影机的工作流程,去拍些心里所想的东西:“为什么用水泼Eric Kessler?”。这没什么,在之前从来没有拍摄超过60 FPS,所以对我他说是真正需要探讨的,尤其是在Eric是牺牲品的情况下! :)

Chris Beller将水泼向他,她看起来很高兴!

这真的很好玩,而且也不需要很长时间。他布置了一些灯,在Kessler Crane的工作室四周,在300 FPS情况下拍摄快门速度需要至少1/600th每秒,这意味着进光量要大。用蔡司CP.2 35毫米镜头,光圈开到F2,有用一个1K柔光箱,800瓦特的重型灯和一个150瓦特的。即便有了这些东,我还需要调制ISO 1000的感光度。依然看得到一些灯的闪烁,这样配合非常快的快门速度不够好。

EPIC是一个5K的摄像机,可以拍摄120 FPS的画面,但要拍摄300 FPS必须下降到2K画质和2.4:1的高宽比。他拍的视频实际上是2.55:1,当你下降到2K时“裁剪”了传感器,你只能得到一个中心部分,这意味着你的镜头是放大的,因此在一个小房间里要拍广角就很困难了!

他把Magic Bullet Looks和Colorista II((20% off MBL with code bloom20 and redgiantsoftware.com checkout))区分开了。在按下一个按扭在拍摄前,突然拍摄有一些轻微变绿,他也不知道,总之按下但它它开始了,所以他现在只能把他们区分开来。

(图为:与Magic Bullet Looks的区别)

这样的拍摄有很多乐趣,也许是看到可爱的朋友埃里克被水泼的不正当的乐趣... ...我不知道!但这些拍摄这给了我更多想法要把它拿去做拍摄的测试(P.B之前用Alexa做的一个一星期的拍摄测试,文章链接:http://107cine.com/stream/1666/http://107cine.com/stream/1666/

这其实很容易使用。触摸屏菜单上可做一切包括选择帧速率,ISO,快门速度以及更多,更方便。

原文参考:

I am in Indiana (actually writing this in Michigan) hanging out with Eric Kessler of Kessler Crane for a week. Having a lovely time, relaxing and catching up on a backlog of work including shooting my Canon XF100 review which I will be shooting tonight. This backlog got more backlogged when Eric’s RED EPIC turned up for his studio and for use by Kessler Shooters. So I had to make the most of this opportunity and grabbed it from Eric. I have all my F3 glass with me as I have my F3 with me so lens wise I was sorted.

This afternoon I am doing a “proper” little piece with it, but before I did that I needed to get my head around the camera, how it worked, workflow before taking it on a shoot.

Not knowing the camera at all, with a little shoot coming up I wanted to test it out and get my head around the camera and workflow. So I had to shoot something so thought to myself “Why not throw loads of water at my mate Eric Kessler?”. So I did and here it is. Nothing original, but I have never done it and have never shot anything over 60 FPS before so a real treat for me, especially as Eric was the victim! :)

Chris Beller threw water at him as did his own mum and she appeared to take great delight in it…strange!

It was a lot of fun and didn’t take long at all to do. I lit it with some lights that were around the Kessler Crane studio as when shooting 300 FPS you shutter speed needs to be at least 1/600th of a second. That means a LOT of light. I was wide open at F2 on the Zeiss CP.2 35mm, had a 1K soft box on him, a 800 watt hard light on him and a 150 watt kicker. Even with that light I needed to be at ISO 1000 to get exposure. I was still getting some flickering as the lights simply were simply not good enough to cope with the very fast shutter speed.

The EPIC is a 5K camera, and can shoot a lovely 120 FPS at that, but to get 300 FPS you must drop to 2K and an aspect ratio of 2.4:1. My video is actually at 2.55:1 just because…When dropping to 2k you are cropping the sensor so you only get a centre portion which means your lenses are magnified effectively, so getting a wide shoot in a small room is tough!

I graded with Magic Bullet Looks and Colorista II (20% off MBL with code bloom20 and redgiantsoftware.com checkout). I pressed a button somewhere before shooting and suddenly my shot turned slightly green, no idea what I pressed but it’s gone now so I just graded it out.

I had a lot of fun shooting this, maybe it was the perverse pleasure of seeing my lovely friend Eric get water thrown at him…I don’t know! But shooting this has given me more confidence with the camera to take it away from a test onto a shoot (as long as it doesn’t go all t*ts up like my Alexa one did a few weeks back)

It’s actually very easy to use. Touch screen menu make everything from frame rate to ISO to shutter speed and much much more all easily accessible via the very intuitive menu but more on that in my next RED post once that shoot it done. In the meantime enjoy the silliness and if you want watch the live USTREAM I did whilst shooting this. Sorry about the commercial, that’s USTREAM for you!

Music is by the legendary Bob Dylan and the track is called Wigwam.

Thanks to Michael Sutton on Boston RULE Camera, mounting solution from Wooden Camera, Sarah, Chris, Theresa and RED

主题

帖子

精华

认证会员

注册时间
2008-10-21
发表于 2011-9-1 20:03 | 显示全部楼层
英文

主题

帖子

精华

认证会员